At Nonsuch Primary School we take safety on the Internet very seriously and the links at the bottom of the page are for parents and carers to use to keep up to date with Online Safety.
At home you could support our work in keeping the children safe online by:
- Exploring these interactive sites with your child
- Checking the sites your child accesses on tables and phones
- Checking your childs text messages, photographs, Snapchat and Whatsapp regularly
- Talking to your child about what they are doing online
- Discussing the dangers of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Instagram and discuss with your child why these sites have an user age of 13
Recent research shows that report that more than a quarter of girls who took part in a recent survey have had some kind of experience of receiving a request for nude or semi-nude photos or videos.
Children can be groomed, coerced or encouraged into sexual activities online. Any child with unsupervised access to the internet is potentially at risk.
Please find below a link to a resource to support parents and carers to talk to their children about the risks.