At Nonsuch we strive to offer a broad and balanced curriculum by using effective teaching strategies to promote intellectual development and curiosity. We also promote skills, knowledge and a computing awareness to allow children to understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computing within their education. We wish to ensure that the curriculum is enjoyable and engaging through links to other areas of learning. Our aim is to deepen the computing skills taught across year groups through a cognitively engaging curriculum aligned with the National Curriculum. We will promote progression of skills through a planned, well sequenced and reviewed computing curriculum that enables children to successfully develop during their learning journey. By doing this, we can promote e-safety through regular opportunities to develop knowledge and awareness in the digital world and beyond.
At Nonsuch Primary School we take safety on the Internet very seriously and the links at the bottom of the page are for parents and carers to use to keep up to date with Online Safety.
At home you could support our work in keeping the children safe online by:
- Exploring these interactive sites with your child
- Checking the sites your child accesses on tables and phones
- Checking your childs text messages, photographs, Snapchat and Whatsapp regularly
- Talking to your child about what they are doing online
- Discussing the dangers of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Instagram and discuss with your child why these sites have an user age of 13
Computing documents - click the links below:
Internet safety links: