Modern Foreign Languages
Nonsuch are commited to allowing pupils to access a broad and balanced curriculum. Our aim is to widen our pupils experiences by introducing new cultures through developing their speaking and listening skills, their reading and writing fluency, and breadth of knowledge of international countries. Through, this, our children can increase their knowledge, embed their skills and therefore deepen their understanding.
At Nonsuch Primary we consistently promote the study of a foreign language (in our case, French) because of its increasing importance in both personal development and in global society.
Our aims at Nonsuch are:
To enable children to understand and communicate in another language.
- To develop enthusiasm for language learning.
- To develop language skills and language learning skills.
- To give the children confidence in interacting with others.
- To increase the children’s global awareness.
- To awaken an interest in different cultures and life-styles.
- To develop children’s understanding of themselves and their culture.
- To encourage tolerance and a willingness to work co-operatively.
- To give a sound start for further development at Key Stage 3 and beyond.
Our lessons our interactive, with children speaking, singing, listening, playing games and completing enjoyable activities.
The school has strong links with one of the local Secondary schools which enables the children to access their language centre.