At Nonsuch Primary School we aim to:
- Build a community, which values kindness, care, good humour, good temper, respect and empathy for others.
- Promote community cohesion through improved relationships.
- Ensure that excellent behaviour is a minimum expectation for all.
- Create a culture of exceptionally good behaviour; for learning, for the community, for life.
- Ensure that all learners are treated fairly, shown respect and promote good relationships.
- Refuse to give learners attention and importance for poor conduct.
- Provide a safe, comfortable and caring environment where optimum learning takes place.
- Provide clear guidance for children, staff and parents of expected levels of behaviour
- Use a consistent and calm approach.
- Ensure all adults take responsibility for managing behaviour and follow-up incidents personally.
- Ensure all adults use consistent language to promote positive behaviour.
- Use restorative approaches.
- Help learners take control over their behaviour and are responsible for the consequences of it.
The Positive Behaviour and Learning Culture Policy is for all staff, pupils, parents, carers, governors, visitors and partner agencies working within the schools and provides guidelines and procedures as to how school supports and responds to behaviour.
Nonsuch is committed to the emotional health and wellbeing of its staff, pupils and parents/carers. We wish to work towards this in all aspects of school life and to provide an ethos, environment and curriculum that supports the social, emotional and mental health of the whole community.
Nonsuch Primary School is committed to creating an environment where exemplary behaviour is at the heart of the learning culture and productive learning.
Everyone is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, accept responsibility for their behaviour and encourage others to do the same.
Our Positive Behaviour and Learning Culture Policy guides staff to teach self-regulation. It is underpinned by our key learning behaviours of 'Ready, Respectful and Responsible'.
- Positive Behaviour and Learning Culture Policy
- Anti-bullying Policy